Wednesday 15 December 2021

Christmas Crafts...

I have been busy doing more Christmas crafts over here.

Since my last post of the handmade advent calendar I have been crafting away a few more Christmassy things.

It all started when I was Christmas shopping and whilst in a large department store, I spotted a beautiful rustic style twig star. It was a star shape made from twigs. Simple but very pretty. I was pretty shocked at the £15 price tag! I thought "Whoa! £15!! I could make that for pennies". 

So I did.

Just a few days later, I found myself trudging through snow in some local woods in search of the perfect size and shape fallen branches. I had lots to choose from again thanks to the recent Storm Arwen.

I took a bundle of sticks home and dried them off using an old tatty towel.

I then got to work with tying the twigs together with string and wrapping some battery lights around them which cost around £4 from Aldi.




Without feeling too smug I have to say that I think my star looks more rustic and natural than the one in the shop.

The only cost were the lights as I already had the string.

£15! Pah! 


Still having the itch to craft, I took myself and DD off to one of our favourite (and cheap!) charity shops.

I was deeeeeelighted to find an old style Scrabble set for £3. I pounced on it and that afternoon I was gluing the letters together! 

I also put some (dodgy!) fake snow on them (cotton wool) and attached string.




I also did my children's names with these too. 

They look pretty cool on the tree with the rest of the decorations.

I dread to think what this sort of thing would cost from somewhere like Notonthehighstreet.

Again my five hanging decorations cost £3 and that was just for the Scrabble set - I still have more letters left which I'm sure I'll use for another craft in the future.

In case I don't get a chance to write another post before Christmas, I just wanted to wish you all a very Merry Christmas in whatever way you celebrate it.


Take care,

A x 

No comments:

Post a Comment