Sunday 19 May 2013

And Reeelaaax!....

This weekend has been just wonderful!

Thats because this weekend, I was treated to a gorgeous and relaxing Spa break.

My local Carers Centre are truely a wonderful bunch!
They have identified that us carers are knackered, run down and quite simply flagging from the demands of our caring roles.

So they decided to do something about it to help - they are pure saints!

A member of the Carer team came out to me, did a short assessment which went to a panel who awared me a pot of money to spend on a relaxing spa break to energise and relax me - I've been soooo excited ever since and internet hunted for some nearby hotels that offered spa breaks.

I must admit, I think I could do with it...

I arrived at the hotel yesterday, checked in, dumped my things in my room and headed off to the spa without delay!
I was booked in for a back scrub, back massage, indian head massage finishing with a relaxing facial - It was soooo heavenly!
After my treatments, I floated out of the spa and up to my room and ran myself a deep gorgeous bubble bath which is a treat for me as everytime I attempt a bath, it is claimed by DS before I get chance to get in so knowing that this was going to be all mine was divine!

I ate dinner in the restaurant with a lovely glass of wine then headed back to my room to sleep. When I woke in the morning, I looked at the time and realised that I had been asleep for 11 hours! I can't remember that last time I was allowed to sleep that long! I felt like a new woman!

I went down for breakfast then left feeling very much relaxed

and the best bit is that I have enough in my pot to do another one!

Thank you all you lovely peeps at the Carers Centre, you really are fabulous!

2 comments:

  1. Hiya Amanda,

    the Carers Centre really to great work dont they! I had an assessment too and am having a Spa Day tomorrow and also having Hypnotherapy to help me overcome some personal mental health problems. So glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janine, it was lovely!

    Hope you enjoy tomorrow too which I'm sure you will, let me know how you find hypnotherapy as I'm curious to try it myself x

    ReplyDelete